Welcome to my Podcast!
Please read this page BEFORE our Zoom call.
Here you can find all the information you need:
- what the podcast is about
- the questions our conversation will be about
- your preparation BEFORE the call
- the settings we will go through at the beginning of the call
- and last but not least: a couple of things to agree on between us
The podcast is like a conversation. I’d love to hear from you about how you have experienced loss & trauma, hear your personal story and how you grieve, deal with your loss, your grief, your trauma & and how you have healed.
We will spend some time chatting, getting aquatinted with each other and only then start recording. Also, the conversation is free-flowing, you don’t need to prepare anything – just bring your beautiful self. Any remaining questions you can ask either via email or on the call before we start recording.
Even though we meet via Zoom with audio and video I will only use the audio for the podcast so you do not need to worry about being filmed – the video just allows for the two of us to have a better connection while talking.
We will have a conversation flowing along the topics and questions outlined below, but it’s not fixed as to when we talk about which of the questions.
- My introduction: Who am I, what I do, and why
- Summary of today’s podcast (done after the podcast)
- I introducing you: What I need from you is a short bio (one paragraph) plus a high-resolution headshot to introduce you, but I will let you tell the whole story in detail (see below)
- Questions: (why, how, tell me more…)
- Tell us your story of loss & trauma – you introduce yourself and tell your story
- How did you deal with your grief and loss early on?
- Can you tell us about a time when you didn’t, couldn’t, wouldn’t grieve or heal, and why?
When and how did you come out of this phase?
What resources and insights have helped you?
- What would you wish, you would have known at the beginning of your grieving and healing journey?
- What would you want other grievers & healers to know, that would have greatly improved your journey?
- How has your loss & trauma shaped you?
What has your journey thought you?
- Rapid-fire questions:
- Finish this sentence:
- Grieving & Trauma means…
- Healing means…
- What I have learned about myself in the light of loss and trauma…
- One thing I wish people knew about loss and trauma…
- One specific thing that has changed since my loss and trauma that I wouldn’t want to miss, is…
- Finish this sentence:
Your preparations before the call:
What I need from you
Please send me a short one-paragraph biography plus a headshot photo, including any website you might have or an Instagram profile a couple of days before our recording.
Step 1 – Setting yourself up
- ✅ Make sure you are in a quiet, undisturbed room
- ✅ Check your internet connection (good speed and quality), and close any unnecessary programs, apps, and windows
- ✅ Check if your device is fully charged or connected to a power source
- ✅ Turn on ‘Focus’ or set your device to silence notifications from incoming emails, etc
- ✅ Double-check that your microphone is set up and use headphones or earbuds for better audio quality
Step 2 – Getting on the call
You will receive an invitation via Google calendar with a link or use this: bit.ly/ZoomWithNathalie
We will first have some time to chat and to set your audio to the correct settings before we start recording. We will go through the settings below together and will test the sound to make sure it works.
Step 3 – Setting up microphone and headphones
To select your mic, if you have one, as the input, check whether in the top left corner of your window it is set to on. By clicking the down arrow symbol, you should have your mic listed as an option and which microphone is in use.
Step 3: Adjusting settings for the best audio
Zoom compresses your audio which reduces the audio quality of the file. These audio settings can help make it better.
Open Zoom and in the top navigation click on zoom.us and open Preferences.
Under the Audio tab, click:
- Select Low under Suppress background noise
- Select the show option to enable Original Sound
- Select High-fidelity music mode
A couple of points to agree on between us
- By being a guest on my podcast, you agree for this interview to be recorded and distributed.
- Your name and picture will be used in advertising and promotional material for the podcast.
- There will be no monetary compensation for appearances on and participation on the podcast.
- By being a guest you release and discharge me from any and all liability arising out of or in connection with the making, producing, reproducing, processing, distributing, publishing, transmitting by any means, or otherwise using the recorded material.
After the interview
When will it be published?
- Editing and preparing for publication will take some time, depending on how many recordings I have in the queue.
- I will inform you once our episode is going live.
How can I share it?
- Once published, I will send you an email with suggestions on how you can share it and add a link to the page where your episode is located on my website.
- The podcast lives from listeners benefiting from hearing your story – the more your share, the more people benefit.
How can I add the podcast to my website?
- If you want the episode to appear on your website, please add the image (take a screenshot or ask me to email you the file) on the podcast page that I send you in the email mentioned above.
- Link the image with the page on my website where your episode is located.
- Both of our websites will benefit from reciprocal links so please link back to my website, not to the podcast hosting site, apple podcast, Spotify, etc.
Please support the Podcast
Rate and review the podcast – this is meaningful to new listeners who might be looking for a podcast in support of their dealing with grief and trauma.
If you have an apple device, here is how you can do that (as it is not as obvious as one would hope):
Watch the 47sec clip I made below to find out how. Thank you so much!