The death of a baby or child – be it miscarriage, neonatal loss, or death of an older child – is the worst experience a parent will ever have to endure. Parents often don’t know how – or if – they will survive such an earth-shattering event.
Just as each grief journey is individually different, so is each parent’s experience. Twenty-six contributors share their personal challenges in heart-wrenchingly honest essays to convey the various ways they coped during the first twelve months of loss.
This book will show you how to:
- Find resilience in the midst of despair and hopelessness
- Practice self-care of your mind, body, and soul as you grieve
- Discover hope without masking or glossing over the reality of your pain
- Find ways to live with purpose – not just survive
- Be reassured you are not going crazy, and you are not alone
In reading this book friends and family will gain an understanding of a grieving parent’s struggle, and how to best support families experiencing child loss.
We invite you to consider a donation to help cover the costs of this not-for-profit resource book. Your donation helps provide sponsored copies of our resource books to hospitals, bereavement centres, grief retreats, and other not-for-profit organisations. Donate to the charity arm of Grieving Parents Support Network.