- Psychology Masters in Social Science (in Training) (ACAP, Sydney, Australia)
- ACMC Associate Certified Meta-Coach (Sydney, Australia)
- Grad Dip Psychotherapy (ACAP, Sydney, Australia)
- Bachelor in Education (Zurich, Switzerland)
Working in Private Practice since 2004
- NARM – Neuro Affective Relational Model (in Training) (Michael Mokrus, Polarity, Zurich, Switzerland)
- Trauma Therapy – Somatic Experiencing (in Training) (Urs Honauer, Polarity Bildungszentrum & Zentrum für Innere Oekologie, Zurich, Switzerland)
- Holistic Counselling, A Psychology of Awakening, on the basis of the Lataif System and Essence work (Rafia Morgan and Turiya Hannover, Working With People, Italy)
- Grief Recovery Specialist (Grief Recovery Method) (UK)
- Neuro-Linguistic Programming, Practitioner and Master Practitioner Level (Rob Whitewood, Sydney Australia)
- Neuro-Linguistic Programming, Master Practitioner and Trainer Level (Pip McKay, Sydney Australia)
- The Journey Method (Brandon Bays and Kevin Billett, Journey Australasia)
- Attachment, Contact and Identity (Michael Mokrus, Polarity, Zurich, Switzerland)
- Professional Grief Accompaniment for Families with Early Child Loss During Pregnancy, Pre and Postnatally (Franziska Maurer, kindsverlust.ch, Bern, Switzerland)
- Attachment and Relationship (Rafia Morgan and Turiya Hannover, Italy)
- Male and Female Dynamics, Inner Man & Inner Woman (Rafia Morgan and Turiya Hannover, Croatia)
- Essence Work, Lataif (Rafia Morgan and Turiya Hannover, Italy)
- Path of Love (Rafia Morgan and Turiya Hannover, UK)
- Support for Family Survivors of Suicide Victims (Verein Refugium, Zurich, Switzerland)
- ASIST Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (Living Works, Sydney, Australia)
- Enneagram (Brandon Bays and Kevin Billett, Australia)
- Family Constellation (Australia and Switzerland)
- Focusing (Eugene Gendlin, Sydney, Australia)
- Touch for Health – Kinesiology (Nature Care College, Sydney, Australia)
- Transaction Analysis, Gestalt Therapy, Creative Interventions in Psychotherpy, Sandplay (Sydney, Australia)
- Grief and Loss Specialisation (ACAP, Sydney, Australia)
- Family and Relationship Training (John Gottman, Australia)
- Voice Dialogue (Hal and Sidra Stone, Australia)
- Quadritiny Process (Volker Krohn, Melbourne, Australia)
- Bridging the Grief Gap: Building a Bridge of Understanding Between the Bereaved and Their Support People, to be published in 2021
- Das erste Jahr nach dem Verlust eines Kindes überleben: Persönliche Geschichten von trauernden Eltern, 2018
- Surviving My First Year of Child Loss: Personal Stories from Grieving Parents, 2017
- May We All Heal: Creative Healing After Loss, 2016
- Trauernde Eltern: Wie ein Paar den Verlust eines Kindes überlebt, 2015
- Grieving Parents: Surviving Loss as a Couple, 2014
- Nach Kindstod: Zwischen Freude und Trauer – Migros Magazin (in German)
- Sie hält Erinnerung an die Sternenkinder wach – Zürichsee Zeitung (in German)
- Mutter-los – Erlenbacher Dorfbott, Seite 3 (in German)
- Zwischen Freude und Trauer – Talk Täglich, Tele Züri (in German)
- Swiss German and German – native speaker
- English – native speaker
- French, Italian, Spanish – good to very good command
Who I am
Author | Publisher | Coach | Counsellor | Mentor |Teacher | Mother | Woman
Behind these titles and image is – me, a sensitive human being.
I want to be real with you.
I don’t always look like this. Sometimes I look and feel really worn out by the challenges life and death has presented me with.
Sometimes it feels to me that my body has aged more than the years I carry: Shaped by life and death, by grief and healing, by falling down and getting up again and again.
You would have seen many faces of the bereaved in me, sad and angry, questioning and depressed, crying or numb. If you stayed long enough, you would have also seen faces of the resilient one coming alive, slowly getting up, letting questions rest, gathering hope, searching and finding new meaning, creating new purpose and integrating losses into my life after loss. And, I have come to the place of integration, the place where I remember and honour those memories and at the same time continue creating meaningful meaning in my life. Not because I have come eye to eye with death, but despite it.
I have a fierce intention to bring support and healing to bereaved people. I hope to meet you on that path.
Besides writing, I work privately with individuals and couples who want to be supported in their grief process and/or with their relationship challenges following the loss of a loved one.
The story behind the story
Born in Switzerland I moved overseas and lived abroad for 15 years, 5 years in Singapore and 10 years in Sydney, Australia.
Now, I live back in Switzerland, near my beautiful hometown of Zurich, with my husband and our surviving twin daughter.
My interests always related to human interactions, first as a friend, appreciated as an attentive listener, then as a teacher, loved by students due to my empathy and then as a counsellor and coach, because of my non-judgemental acceptance, compassion and authenticity.
My experience with life and death
In 2011, I gave birth to twin girls and my younger twin daughter died on the third day due to Potter’s Syndrom. In subsequent years, I experienced two miscarriages. Birth and death were the most impactful experiences in my life, which have enriched me with an intense and deeply personal understanding of human suffering in grief and loss. Four and a half months after my daughter’s death, my mother died following intense years of depression due to suicide.
My intention is to bring more light to the taboo topics of child loss, suicide and the reality of grief by being open and honest about these experiences.
Comments from readers of my articles and notes, which I wrote during my grieving phase, lead me to write my first book Grieving Parents: Surviving Loss as a Couple. This was really like a catalyst for all those that followed and a jolt into following my passion and intention of supporting the bereaved. My area of passion and speciality are relationship and grief.
My passion is writing and re-thinking human behaving and emoting. I write for magazines and on my websites, and you can also read my daughter’s blog, where she writes letters to her identical twin sister, who left her body at a young age of 3 days.
When I’m not writing, you may find me reading, hand lettering or running after my daughter.
What People Say
Since our last session, I feel the deepest gratitude. It was the day that many things changed for me: I have integrated all my children into my life and given them the space they deserve. I gave them names, intuitively sensing whether each of them was a girl or a boy.
I experience a deep shift, the way I experience my life, my life as a woman, as a mother with children who are not alive. There is a feeling of peace, healing and fullness which I didn’t experience before. It is as if a deep wound of my being a woman was able to heal.– Treena, Vienna
Nathalie is a special person who is able to assist when there seems no answer or hope. She has the unique ability to put life’s turns and twists into an amazing perspective and leave you feeling encouraged, optimistic and calm.
All that she does is very practical and immediately effective. She has the ability to change people’s lives and particularly long term, destructive patterns in the most gentle way. Before I met Nathalie I was somewhat of a cynic about “counsellors” and business coaches but now I will be eternally grateful.– Mandy, Melbourne