HOW TO DEAL WITH GRIEF AND TRAUMA is completely self, funded, produced, and edited by me, Nathalie Himmelrich.
Consider making a small donation to support the Podcast here. Thank you!
Table of Contents
All trauma involves grief but not all grief needs to necessarily be or feel traumatic.
When is a loss also traumatic and when is it not?
What are the differences between a traumatic loss and a non-traumatic loss?
Why and how does it matter?
How can we support ourselves and others after a traumatic loss?
All these questions and more are the topics for today’s episode.
Topics discussed in this episode
- Examples of losses that can be traumatic
- The difference between traumatic and non-traumatic losses
- Symptoms of post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Trauma response in the body
- Polyvagal theory and its application to trauma
- Nervous system regulation
- The importance of trauma-informed, grief-literate professional care
Resources mentioned in this episode
- Dr. Stephens Porges’s Polyvagal Theory
Thank you for listening!
HOW TO DEAL WITH GRIEF AND TRAUMA is produced and edited by me, Nathalie Himmelrich.