HOW TO DEAL WITH GRIEF AND TRAUMA is completely self, funded, produced, and edited by me, Nathalie Himmelrich.
Consider making a small donation to support the Podcast here. Thank you!
For more information, please visit Nathalie’s website, join the podcast’s Instagram page, and subscribe to the newsletter to receive updates on future episodes here.
All trauma involves grief but not all grief needs to necessarily be or feel traumatic.
When is a loss also traumatic and when is it not?
What are the differences between a traumatic loss and a non-traumatic loss?
Why and how does it matter?
How can we support ourselves and others after a traumatic loss?
All these questions and more are the topics for today’s episode.
Nathalie’s links: Website | Instagram
Topics discussed in this episode
- Examples of losses that can be traumatic
- The difference between traumatic and non-traumatic losses
- Symptoms of post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Trauma response in the body
- Polyvagal theory and its application to trauma
- Nervous system regulation
- The importance of trauma-informed, grief-literate professional care
Resources mentioned in this episode
- Dr. Stephens Porges’s Polyvagal Theory
Thank you for listening!
HOW TO DEAL WITH GRIEF AND TRAUMA is produced and edited by me, Nathalie Himmelrich.