HOW TO DEAL WITH GRIEF AND TRAUMA is completely self, funded, produced, and edited by me, Nathalie Himmelrich.
Consider making a small donation to support the Podcast here. Thank you!
For more information, please visit Nathalie’s website, join the podcast’s Instagram page, and subscribe to the newsletter to receive updates on future episodes here.
Another exciting conversation awaits you here today because Meghan and I have something central in common: our passion for grief and trauma. Speaking the same kind of language, our conversation flowed easily through her personal story of dealing with many losses and trauma, leading to her professional work with clients dealing with grief and trauma, especially in the workplace.
About this week’s guest
Meghan Riordan Jarvis, MA, LCSW, is an author, podcast host, TEDx Speaker, and psychotherapist specializing in trauma, grief, and loss. After experiencing PTSD following the deaths of both of her parents within two years of each other, Meghan began speaking on a larger scale about the importance of understanding grief and supporting grievers. Founder of Tacking Point Partners, Meghan, and her team consult regularly with companies addressing grief in the workplace. Meghan’s “Grief is My Side Hustle” platform includes her popular podcast of the same name, her blog, and her free grief writing workshop “Grief Mates.” Meghan’s memoir. “The End of The Hour,” will be published in December 2023.
Meghan’s links: Website | Instagram
Topics discussed in this episode
- Meghan’s personal and professional relationship with grief and trauma
- Childhood trauma: Death of a close family friend through drowning
- Break-up, therapy… ultimately leading to Meghan becoming a therapist herself
- The death of her Dad (2017) and Mum (2019) and the different reactions Meghan experienced
- When and how do you know you need help?
- Grief in the workplace
- Why people don’t talk about grief
Resources mentioned in this episode
- Anderson Cooper Podcast
- Trauma therapies: EMDR, Sensory Motor Psychotherapy, Internal Family System, Touch Therapy
- Help Text
Thank you for listening!
HOW TO DEAL WITH GRIEF AND TRAUMA is produced and edited by me, Nathalie Himmelrich. Support the show
Support the show:
- Become a supporter of the show! Starting at $3/month
- Join Facebook Group – Grief and Trauma Support Network
- Download the FREE grief resource eBook
- Book a complimentary Discovery Call
- Leave a review
Follow on socials: