HOW TO DEAL WITH GRIEF AND TRAUMA is completely self, funded, produced, and edited by me, Nathalie Himmelrich.
Consider making a small donation to support the Podcast here. Thank you!
I’m honestly a big fan of Tori and you’ll be too as soon as you see her amazingly creative way in which she processes her life through her art. There is this one post about grief being a gift that keeps on giving which immediately drew me in and I was hooked. Tori and I had an immediate connection even though this interview was the first time we spoke in person.
I’m so grateful to her deciding to share about the topic of grief in relation to a person when the relationship in life was difficult which is another place where our lives run in parallel.
This is another exciting conversation that I am sure you’ll enjoy as much as I did.
About this week’s guest
Tori Press is an artist, author, and anxious human being. She spent 10 years as a graphic designer before quitting to create some space in her life.
In 2016 she bought herself a set of markers and began drawing pictures inspired by her yoga practice, mental health struggles, and everyday life. This decision started her on an extraordinary adventure of self-discovery and human connection. Her drawings help her cultivate mindfulness, gratitude, and self-acceptance–and she hopes they do the same for others!
She is the author of two books: How to Feel Better, a companion and workbook for dealing with tough times (including grief and loss), and I Am Definitely, Probably Enough (I Think).
Topics discussed in this episode
- The death of Tori’s death
- The pivotal role of social workers and other support people
- Having a grieving friend, someone to go through grief with helps to feel less alone and isolated and normalizes the intense experience of grieving
- The use of art as a form of creative healing
- Dealing with the loss when the relationship with that person was difficult
Resources mentioned in this episode
Thank you for listening!
HOW TO DEAL WITH GRIEF AND TRAUMA is produced and edited by me, Nathalie Himmelrich. Support the show
Support the show:
- Become a supporter of the show! Starting at $3/month
- Join Facebook Group – Grief and Trauma Support Network
- Download the FREE grief resource eBook
- Book a complimentary Discovery Call
- Leave a review
Follow on socials: